Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A few conversations with my Ellie girl

1) Ellie to me one morning while passing the Newport Beach temple,
"I get married in Temple"
Me, "yes Ellie you can get married in the Temple when you are older"
Ellie, "I get married to Lukey, I like him he nice to me"(her cousin Luke)
Me "Oh Ellie you can't marry Luke, he is your cousin but you can marry Ryan" ( a boy in her nursery class)
Ellie "Oh yea, I like Brian (Ryan but she insists on calling him Brian).
Me " You can marry Ryan and Lukey can marry Addison" (One of Ellie's friends)
I had to dodge that one, but she accepted my great matchmaking skills!!! Now I need to start talking to her about boys and the criteria her parents are looking for.... already!

2) Ellie found a magazine of mine with an advertisement for a Disney vacation with a Picture of Snow White with a young girl in front of the castle and Ellie asked
"I want Snow White to come to my house and play"
Me " Ellie Snow White is at Disneyland, she can't come today."
Ellie " I want to play with her. Can we call her?"
Me " Oh, I don't think that Snow White can answer her phone when she is playing inside her castle."
Ellie "She come to my house?"
Me " We will see OK, lets go watch a movie" My only bribery to get her mind off the subject! Boy, it is getting harder and harder these days with the type of conversations with a three year old! Gotta love them!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

If Luke wasn't her cousin I would say let's get these two bethrothed so they have no choice in the matter! Those are awesome convos to document!

ww said...

You name the date, we'll have Ryan there in a tux. While he's already betrothed to another young lady, it's possible that polygamy will be back in fashion in 20 years, right?

PS - I was wearing my hair curly this past weekend, and Ryan came up to me and asked, "Why do you have Ellie's hair?" So cute!