

Many of you know that I applied for the Head Coaching position. Well, things have worked out for the best and it looks like I will not be coaching anymore. I have so many awesome memories of playing in high school, of my mom yelling in the stands at me, or mouthing the refs off in Portuguese, then when I did not play in college, I began coaching with my former coach at the high school. Serving through all the different coaching postions. For 13 years now, I have kept that hectic schedule as an athlete and coach during the worst time of the year to be involved in playing basketball and coaching basketball. Basketball season is right in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas and so between practices, games, and tournaments, I was so incredibly busy that I could not enjoy the holidays! But now I can! I am looking forward to that, even though I may go through some withdrawls..
Unfortunately, I wish things would had worked out in a better fashion with the whole application process, but I have learned alot through it all and I can honestly say I am happy with the outcome. I hope that in the future I can be part of basketball again! Hopefully I can coach my girls without being the overly-protective/pushy parent that is a nightmare to all kids sports. But for now, I will enjoy not having the committment and stress of it all and focus on another endeavor...like oh I will have to think about that one!
4 comments:
I didnt know you did that, that was probably a lot of fun for you and a lot of stress. Time for a change I guess. :)
I'm sorry it didn't work out a different way but I say good riddance. :) I know you were a great coach!
I am sorry that you will not be coaching any more and I hope that another great chance will come for you. I know how much you love it. It is so neat to see you with your family,it still amazes me that your have two kiddos.
Jen
"To everythiiiing, turn turn turn. There is a season, turn turn turn." I think you'll be just as great of a coach in ten years too! (Although, I have to admit I've never actually seen your skills).
Post a Comment