Sunday, September 14, 2008

Visit from Bubba and Nother Bubba

James' parents who just recently were released from their mission in Nauvoo, came to spend a couple of days with the girls. Ellie quickly recruited Nother Bubba to come out to her house and play...of course Ames had to be right behind!
Ellie loved playing princesses with her Bubba and especially the new game that she got, "pretty, pretty princess"

Ellie and Amerie were just so happy having their "Bubbas" here to play with them. The weekend was so nice and calm. I could not believe how much Ellie just wanted to play with her Grandparents. She awoke every morning wanting to see Bubba, and so she would go down stairs and wait for their door to open. At one time, they were sleeping in way to long for a early riser toddler, so she started to sing to Bubba to wake up! I have to admit, I have the best in-laws in the world! They played and played and played with the girls the whole time, I don't think Ellie ever went on timeout for the whole weekend and never did she ask to watch T.V.!!! She still calls the guest room "Bubba's room", so Bubba you are welcome anytime!!!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

thankgoodness for wonderful grandparents. Ellie will cherish those memories with her Bubbas for the rest of her life.

ww said...

Now I know why you went to the Saturday evening session of Stake Conf...trying to impress the in-laws!

I love the nicknames for the grandparents. I hope you and James went out for a romantic dinner while the Bubbas bonded with the kids. And that they're not in town when we're supposed to ditch the morning session of General Conf! ;-)